Saturday, September 11, 2010

World Expo



So this past June I was in Shanghai and had the chance to visit the World Expo. This is basically a world fair where each country has a pavilion in which they can show their culture, economy, food and whatever else they feel like. The larger countries built big, elaborate, and creative pavilions. For example, the UAE's pavilion looked like solid gold mountain, showing off their wealth. Some so artistic they don't even look like buildings. This is one of my favorites, the UK pavilion. 
You go inside that thing? Hell yeah you do.
UK pavilion World expo - Shanghai, China
Another Favorite of mine was the Australian pavilion. It is supposed to represent Australia's Ayer's Rock (Uluru). The building's edges look so smooth and rounded, and I like the tube through the side of the building. This is where people walk through to get inside, COOL.
Australia Pavilion - Shanghai, China
Australia Pavilion - Shanghai, China

A few other favorites:
Taiwan Pavilion - Shanghai, China
Taiwan was at it's best at night. So cool


Saudi Arabia Pavilion - Shanghai, China
Spaceship? I guess they're aliens over there.

China Pavilion - Shanghai, China


World Expo Mascot, he's the man

CHINA!! 
We spent an entire day walking around this expo and I couldn't stop saying "WHOA! Cool!". It was one of my favorite things that we did in China. It's sad that they take down most of the buildings after it's over, they're so pretty. I wish I could buy them and live in them.

 The next Expo is in South Korea in 2012, let's hope I'm lucky enough to get to that one too.