Saturday, September 11, 2010

Long lost friend

When I went to Beijing last summer I met a Chinese girl named Daisy(Her English name). She and three other students took us to bars and showed us around a little. We had some beers and played some Chinese games involving dice. She was awesome so we exchanged e-mails. We had been pen pals for about a year when she told me that she was coming to Boston University to get her masters degree this fall. I was so excited. Today we met up for the first time in Boston and I showed her around. We went to Fanuil Hall, Downtown Crossing, and Chinatown where we ate the best dumplings I've ever had in the U.S. There was even some gossip about boys. Just because you're from opposite sides of the world, don't share the same first language, and have completely different cultures doesn't mean you're actually that different.

Beijing 2009


Boston 2010